So, if you want a good birthday, have some good friends. If you want an AWESOME birthday, have some gorgeous, loving, amazing friends (and possibly BF too!) I can consider myself well and truly spoilt this birthday!
BF took me to Bath for a long midweek break. It’s been on our list of places to visit since the beginning of forever, however for some reason we’ve only just managed it now. We stayed at a lovely little pub come restaurant come b&b, and officially ate far too much of their food, and drank far too much of their wine! But heck, you’re only 31 for 365 days right??
We did our fair share of street wonderings, however somewhat not my ‘normal’ amount of “stop, wait! I NEED to get photo of that!” On the actual day of birth, we visited the Thermae Spa. A heated rooftop pool in the middle of the city centre with great views, yes please! Any excuse for a bikini in October! Bath was pretty much as I’d expected, a quaint, traditionally english town brimming full of warm sand coloured stone buildings, donned with white facades.
On the final day before returning home (Instagram post I’m sure at some point to follow, one can’t whip around a dSLR and drive simultaneously) we visited Longleat Safari Park. More on that later, however I did find this little poem decorating one of the walls, which I instantly fell in love with…
A great place to visit, great food, great wine, rooftop pools, deer feeding, new shoes and being spoilt by great company, (and still to return home to an awesome meal with friends!) who could ask for more on their birthday??
The camera and I took a seafront wonder for an upcoming post, and I just so happened to find myself in the exact right place, at the exact right time today. Full photo’s coming in a few weeks (this is a big planned post), but here’s a little sneak, where I stumbled upon The Blue Mile taking part in Plymouth. Literally, just in time to see 4 of this years Olympic gold medallists pose for photo’s seconds before the race began. You gotta love it when unplanned excellent timing hits you on a random stroll.
- I’ve just found Sylvia’s blog this month, and love her mix of fashion, twisted in with great photography and a good dose of travel.
- Does there sound like a more perfect cookie??
- You know I’ve been loving everything pale and white and pastel and soothing lately? Well I’m now loving this twist with neon pastel shades!
- One of my fav 365 project’s lately.
- Try not to get puppy dog eyes over these little chaps and their cardboard crowns!
- This is making it in purely for it’s plane shots, I can’t stop taking ones of my own.
- I get closet envy whenever I read Cath’s posts. *Swoon*.
- I want to start being more cohesive and THINK about my own Instagram shots. One of the sets I admire.
- The first song INSTANTLY takes me bag to Thailand and wipes a massive smile across my face. I still judge the rest of the.ego.tripper’s music taste mind. *Insert smily/winking face*
- Desserts in jars?? What an AWESOME idea for a summer picnic. This book’s hitting my wish list.
- Creative career launch hints and tips: wrapped up nicely here.
Just a quickie from my trip to Boardmasters this weekend!! Reason to live by the sea number 137:
I made a mistake. A big fat rookie mistake. It went like this…
A hectic (using the word hectic in this sentence is the first time I’ve under exaggerated – ever) week at work resulted in some much, much, much needed escapism time to oneself. So, as a rare beautiful day was upon me, there was only one place to take the Kindle and iPod, the ‘I’ve not seen enough of you this year’ beach.
My mistake, forgetting it’s the summer holidays. I looked over the brow of the hill spotting the sea in anticipation, and my heart sunk when realisation dawned on me. Palm slapping forehead moment. My toes have missed the sand A LOT lately, so after a brief affair of foot dipping, I turned on my heels and returned. I appear not to have the UK ‘I must proudly mark my beach territory with my eye sore windbreaker’ chroma zone. So the blissfully quite local park had to endure my bikini clad white bits instead today. Bliss, eventually.
Witley Court. I love this place. LOVE LOVE LOVE. No matter which direction you look, there’s a picture perfect view. So firstly, please go visit. Secondly, just a bit too far for you to visit? Nowhere’s to far in this day and age, please go visit. Thirdly, to prove why you need to visit, let me begin…
History unfortunately wasn’t on this beautiful building’s side, and it did suffer a massive fire during it’s lifetime, leaving it a ruin. But it’s strange, as twisted as it may be, it’s kinda why I love it too. It’s derelict and grand charm. Do you remember the Friends episode where Ross marries Emily? In a ruined church lit with hundreds of candles? Well this place (English Heritage permitting) would be PERFECT for that. Although there is a church right next door also if the more conventional method suits more.
Now enough about me, how was your weekend, please tell me it treated you just as well?