001: Butter London ‘Sprog‘ // 002: Cute storage // 003: ASOS studded clutch // 004: Topshop high tops // 005: Topshop ‘Sea Mist‘ // 006: It’s all about the huge neck wear // 007: Geometric luuurve // 008: I will sleep!! // 009: Butter London ‘Muggins‘ // 010: Just posin’ // 011: Lazy PJ day // 012: Mini splurge // 013: Last chance to get the toes out before winter sets in // 014: Bath Abbey // 015: Birthday chocolates, yum and yum // 016: Safari! // 017: Deer feeding 🙂 // 018: Plymouth, on a good day // 019: New favourite poem // 020: Mocha love // 021: Beefing up the hair // 022: Longleat House // 023: Whoops // 024: BF gave me his heart… // 025: I’m not sharing my wish with you, it won’t come true // 026: These little guys weren’t shy! // 027: Bath Abbey
Things I’ve learnt this last, umm, while..?
- Butter London nail varnishes, oh my, they’re AWESOME! I tested them out, love the consistency, apply so easily and lasted 8 days, let me repeat EIGHT days before chipping! I’m pretty lazy when it comes to changing my varnish, I just want to apply it and leave it to look awesome, no maintenance here please. I’ll definitely be purchasing some more, Fiddlesticks from their new holiday collection is the next on my list.
- I never thought I’d own a pair of wedge high tops, but I now own two pairs! This pair from Office are also super cool, super comfy.
- Plymouth really isn’t so bad, when the sun is shining. I’m such a coastal girl.
So, if you want a good birthday, have some good friends. If you want an AWESOME birthday, have some gorgeous, loving, amazing friends (and possibly BF too!) I can consider myself well and truly spoilt this birthday!
BF took me to Bath for a long midweek break. It’s been on our list of places to visit since the beginning of forever, however for some reason we’ve only just managed it now. We stayed at a lovely little pub come restaurant come b&b, and officially ate far too much of their food, and drank far too much of their wine! But heck, you’re only 31 for 365 days right??
We did our fair share of street wonderings, however somewhat not my ‘normal’ amount of “stop, wait! I NEED to get photo of that!” On the actual day of birth, we visited the Thermae Spa. A heated rooftop pool in the middle of the city centre with great views, yes please! Any excuse for a bikini in October! Bath was pretty much as I’d expected, a quaint, traditionally english town brimming full of warm sand coloured stone buildings, donned with white facades.
On the final day before returning home (Instagram post I’m sure at some point to follow, one can’t whip around a dSLR and drive simultaneously) we visited Longleat Safari Park. More on that later, however I did find this little poem decorating one of the walls, which I instantly fell in love with…
A great place to visit, great food, great wine, rooftop pools, deer feeding, new shoes and being spoilt by great company, (and still to return home to an awesome meal with friends!) who could ask for more on their birthday??
September’s been all about finding myself some sort of routine again. I’ve been all out of sorts of late, and I’ve felt it physically and mentally. So the gym schedule has been penned in my diary, no more snaking on the go and making REAL food again, taking down time of absolute nothingness, and remembering to do ONE THING AT A TIME! Yeah I can multitask, name a woman who can’t, but juggling 38 balls all at once gets somewhat a little stressful. I see you nodding in agreement.
So, it’s time to start holiday saving, making some of the recipes I’ve been pinning like a crazed pinning machine, and updating and warming up that wardrobe of mine.
- I REALLY want to start making some video diaries. I love watching other people’s, I must get over my fear on learning how to edit them.
- Sophie Dahl is just beautiful…
- I need to find out if this granola is as killer as it states, after making my first batch, I can confirm it certainly is!
- I absolutely adore the little love stories on this blog.
- Leather, studs and lace, what’s not to love?!
- I never thought I’d say it, but I want a black panther tshirt.
- Love black and white, love simplicity, love beautiful handwriting.
- Must. Be. More. Brave. With. My. Lip. Colour.
- This totally inspired me to get more crafty.
- I soooooooooooo hope these brownies taste as jaw dropping good as they look!!
- As if I didn’t already want a holiday badly enough… So, so jealous.
How’s your September treated you?
August, well, aren’t you going to keep me on my toes. I’ve completely gotten out of all routine and I feel like I’m chasing my tale getting nowhere fast, so time to get back on track and hold those reigns on life again.
1. Gym & run and lose the growing tum! Too much cake and too much work has left those jeans getting just.a.little.bit.too.snug…and breathe…
2. Work life. Getting far too out of control and there’s just not enough hours in my working day. I’ve had a good chat with Boss, let’s get a little bit of weight off my shoulders.
3. Enjoy every waking hour of sunshine.
4. Get working on some recipes for the blog! I’ve a great big list I want to perfect, so time to get perfecting and get sharing. I apologise for any inches I add to your waist! (Or maybe I’ll stick with the tasty but healthy this month… Hmmmmn. Watch this space).
After 30 years, my surprising revaluation continues into the weekend, that Plymouth really isn’t so bad after all.
I had one of those lovely lazy Saturday’s, doing everything and nothing all at the same time. On the way to the grocery store to restock the barren cupboards, I detoured across the moors. You can take the safe assumption they’re in the complete opposite directions, but hey, it’s a do everything and nothing day so who’s caring? I had no planned direction or destination, and it managed to find me. Literally, it stopped me in the middle of the road completely oblivious it nearly ended up on a collision course with my car bonnet. A sharp turn into a makeshift ‘car park’, the iPhone was quickly whipped out to capture this. Tell me who now wants to move to the edge of the universe to have this on your doorstep.
Following on from my Personal Style scrapbook post, here’s some of the ones from my interior and design book. I love Pinterest, and it makes the whole ‘scrapbooking/inspiration boards/need to refer back to’ process a whooooooole lot simpler. However, having a look back through these scrapbooks I’m getting pure nostalgia, and whilst Pinterest is simpler, more efficient, it’s also more clinical. I miss my torn paper, Pritt Stick and masking tape…
…However I am currently wondering what interior ‘artwork’ I can conduct with the above process. Hmmmmn. What this space.